US Nursery is looking for hard working and motivated As a Plant Tissue Culture Lab Technician, you will join a fast-moving team working with some of the most advanced industrial hemp genetics in the world. You will play in key role in propagating hemp plants to meet the needs of our customers. You will learn and apply key skills and techniques used essential for working in a sterile lab environment.you will have the opportunity to cross train in additional roles. As the company grows,you may have the opportunity to advance to a greater role in accordance with your skills, abilities, and personal goals.
*On-the-job training will be provided for this position
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Follow lab protocols to maintain a safe and clean working environment.
- Work in a clean room and use lab tools to manipulate plants in test tubes.
- Wash and clean lab equipment and tools as required.
- Properly and accurately document and label plants in test tubes.
- Follow recipes to produce media for plants.
- Take accurate measurements using scales, measuring spoons, and other measurement tools.
- Preform unit conversions using a conversion chart or calculator.
- Work with plants outside the lab as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Work independently and under the guidance of a lab supervisor
- Sit or stand in one place for long periods of time
- Preform repetitive motions using fingers, hands, wrists, and arms.
- Strong attention to detail and good hand/eye coordination
- Clearly communicate with supervisors and co-workers.
- Understand and follow written and verbal directions.
- Ability to learn and apply new skills and techniques
- Ability to work quickly to meet production timelines.
- Basic math skills.
- Strong work ethic
- Willingness to ask questions when something is unclear.
- Honesty and reliability.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma (preferred)
- Experience working in a Laboratory Setting (preferred